Thursday, July 5, 2007

College Stuff

Sooooo...... I have been cleaning like crazy these past few days. I spent the 4th of July scrubbing the entire inside of my house!!! During my clean-scapade I ran across some of my old artwork from college. And when I say some, I actually mean ALL of my old artwork from college. Most of it is stuff that I don't want to get rid of but I don't want to store it either, so it ends up getting moved every time I clean and it has clearly been a huge hassle to keep. Since I see it every time I walk past it, I have a mental inventory of everything that is there, or so I thought. I opened up one of my portfolios and found old black and white pics that I took in my photography class, jr. year of college. Most of the actual printed pictures were the pics that I turned in for a grade, but I found the negatives and the index sheets that I had made and I couldn't believe some of the pictures that were in there!!! There were pictures that I took that I don't even remember taking and since I was poor, like every college student, I only printed the pics that I thought were the best. So, I decided that I wanted to get the film developed to really get a good look at my "mini time capsule". The only issue was that I had 12-15 rolls of film and each roll has 36 exposures! I called around and most 1 hour developers wanted between 22¢ and 40¢ per picture!!! I can't exactly justify spending around $200 just to reminisce and on top of that, most of the pics may not even turn out. So I found out that Target would take the negatives and put all of the images onto a CD for just the cost of the CD, which was $1.99. SOLD!!!! It ended up taking 5 CDs and cost $10 and some change. Now I have the opportunity to really study the pics before I get them printed, and at a quick glance I can easily say that 85%-90% probably won't get printed. Anyway... here are some of the pics that I am astonished that I actually took.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: