Monday, December 31, 2012

Tribute

This very blog is all about my nutty domestic tendencies and my crazy crafting compulsions.  I work part time at an Independent craft boutique and I teach a variety of crafty classes, including crochet.  I get asked by many customers and my students how I started crafting and how I ended up so domestic.  I believe that there HAS to be a domestic/crafty gene that I inherited and there is only one person (well 2) to blame.  My mother passed this crazy gene on to me from this lady, my Grandma.


My grandma did it all, cooked, cleaned, sewed, crocheted, crafted....  you name it.  My mom and my Grandma both taught me how to crochet and I will never forget that!  I remember a specific time when my Grandmother was "heckling" me (her term) because my crocheted beanie was more of Yarmulke.

On Friday, December 28th 2012 my Grandma passed away.  She celebrated her 90th birthday this past June and lived a very full life.  She had 6 kids (wow), 11 grandchildren (if my math is correct) and currently 8 great grandchildren.  She had a great and feisty sense of humor and she told the best stories!!!

Every time I crochet I will think of my Grandma....  she will be missed dearly by many people and her stories will live inside us all!

Love you, Grandma!

2 comments:

cass said...

I love this post. My grandma also taught me to crochet. I miss my grandma sooooo much. <3

Melanie said...

*hugs* so sorry you lost your Grandma but glad she had such an impact on you